13 Aug The Holistic Addiction Treatment at Lanna Rehab in Thailand
Drug rehab comes in many forms and one of them is holistic drug rehab. This approach towards drug addiction treatment and recovery involves teaching addicts how to heal and protect all areas and aspects of their health. This includes the health of the body, mind, and spirit. These programs are concentrated on assisting addicts to stop using drugs or alcohol by healing the totality of their being, mind and body, rather than focusing on merely one part or aspect of their health.
Reasons Why People Become Addicted
There are quite a number of addiction treatment centers out there that include holistic treatment techniques because of their effectiveness. These methods tackle the multitude of causes for addicts to become addicted to drugs and alcohol.
These causes affect the following types of addicts in different ways:
- High-Functioning Addicts: A high-functioning addict or alcoholic is someone who’s able to function normally despite being addicted to alcohol or drugs. They tend to accidentally get addicted yet they can still keep a family and job despite of it. However, if the addiction becomes worse enough to push them further into the slippery slope of life ruination, rehab may be called for.
- Low Self-Esteem Addicts: These are the addicts that end up addicted to alcohol and drugs because of their low self-esteem. They use the drugs to fill the void in their lives, like when they have family issues or if they’re being influenced by their peers to use drugs. They might even have addictive personalities that make the likelihood of addiction even greater.
- Recreational Addicts: There are addicts who use substances recreationally, whether they’re illicit or prescription drugs as well as legal substances like alcohol. They usually use them in a social context or as a means of entertaining themselves, but end up becoming addicted anyway from constant and unmonitored usage.
- Pharmaceutical Addicts: Speaking of prescription drugs, there are addicts who accidentally get addicted to their prescription medication by either self-medicating or using the drugs outside of the prescribed dose as recommended by their doctor. Such drugs can be used to treat mental problems like depression (antidepressants) or dull down physical issues (painkillers).
Why Try Out the Holistic Rehab Approach?
You should indulge in holistic rehab because the holistic healing paradigm deals with every aspect of your health and uses healing techniques both traditional and nontraditional. It works because many addicts end up addicted in a way that ruins every aspect of their health through a domino effect. It’s a hydra-headed problem that requires a multifaceted solution in the form of holistic therapy.
In order to put their lives back in order, every last aspect of their health should also be healed in turn to prevent a potential avenue for relapse. In turn, shortcomings when it comes to their mental or physical health could’ve caused them to become addicted in the first place, necessitating holistic rehab and even a dual diagnosis.
The Benefits of Holistic Addiction Rehab
Addicts who struggle with their drug and alcohol addiction tend to be clueless of which area or areas of health they should manage with their usage of drugs. It’s therefore a brilliant idea to avail of a holistic program that focuses on the improvement and maintenance of all areas of health in a state of homeostasis. This is their best bet when it comes to finally kicking their bad habits of substance abuse.
Most any addict of substance abuse can get something beneficial from rehab help from a holistic wellness center. As an addict, you’re only required to be willing to achieve sobriety and stay sober in order to get the most out of this rehab type. Many holistic programs are designed and executed like traditional programs, but with extra benefits included. You’ll have the same treatment options as usual, but there’s additional focus to balancing out your three areas of healthiness.
For example, holistic programs tend to have trained therapists included in the staff to offer daily group and individual therapy. On top of that, you can also avail of support group therapy from the center. What’s more, there’s better division and categorization of services according to your mental, physical, and spiritual needs for addiction recovery, such that you’re guaranteed that all of your needs in these three areas are met in more ways than one.
Traditional Rehab versus Holistic Rehab
Traditional rehabilitation typically includes the following:
- Relapse Prevention Strategy Education
- Art and Recreational Therapies
- Family Services
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Individual Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Aftercare Planning or Counseling
- Healthy Diet
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Experiential Therapy
- Support Group Participation or 12-Step Groups
- Group Therapy
- Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET)
When you avail of holistic therapy for addiction recovery, you don’t only get CAM services alone. Instead, the programs you’d normally get from a traditional rehab center are included on top of a more holistic system of healing that addresses aspects of your health that these standard services don’t typically take care of.
These holistic rehab centers in Thailand then focus on strengthening the following types of treatment in order to coincide with their unique paradigm for addiction rehab:
- Location: Like with real estate, rehab location is important. Thailand holistic wellness centers in particular have the advantage of being situated in a tropical nation filled with lakeside views or scenic mountainsides. These centers can even be found near the beach, such that going there seems like having a wellness vacation of sorts. They assure calmness in seclusion that positively affects your mind, body, and spirit, freeing it from distractions.
- Diet and Menu: Inpatient rehab in Thailand also entails a strict diet and Thai-based menu that’s both delicious and nutritious. Your diet can be made holistic for the sake of addiction rehab so that you’ll only receive organic and all-natural meal plans. By taking out the dangerous chemicals like preservatives as well as artificial food flavoring and coloring, the patient can get his nutritional deficiencies fixed, which in turn should help him recover mentally and physically. It can be vegetarian, vegan, or whatever the patient needs.
- Meditation Sessions: Meditation sessions are important for addicts who wish to alleviate their mental trauma, behavioral issues, and addictive tendencies. Meditating is all about taking control of your mind and at the very least teaching you how to relax in your lonesome without your panicked emotions taking control of you and your impulses. You can achieve calm through yoga sessions, stretching and exercise, breath work, tai chi, and even prayer.
- Physical Activities: While meditation is used to focus your mind and at times calm your nerves by staying still or doing postures with yoga and stretching, outright workouts can keep your body occupied and healthy as well through more vigorous activities. You can undergo a myriad of exercise regimens involving biking, hiking, swimming, and mountain climbing. You’ll not be left leading a sedentary lifestyle to boot, which can worsen your health and make you more susceptible to relapse.
- Clinical Team of Experts: The patient’s physical health should also be taken care of by a team of internationally trained and highly qualified professionals and specialists who know how to deal with substance abuse and addiction as well as dual diagnosis issues like CBT, personality disorder, trauma, anxiety, PTSD, sleep disorder, executive burnout, mood disorder, depression, and much more.
- Counseling Sessions: A decent holistic program in Thailand should achieve more than other traditional rehab centers. Thusly, their staff-to-client ratio should be quite high to keep up with even an influx of patients. They should also include individual therapy sessions on top of the weekly center-wide group counseling sessions and smaller group therapy sessions so that counselors and staff could keep tabs with the addicts in more ways than one.
- Alternative Psychotherapy: On top of the standard psychiatric therapy, you’ll also be given alternative psychotherapy types to supplement your counseling and mental recovery needs. These include animal-assisted, music-assisted, and art-assisted therapy. They’re essentially activities to stimulate your mind and allow you to express yourself in more positive ways and fill in the void that addiction formerly occupied.
- Complementary Therapy: As for complementary therapies, they root from Complementary or Alternative Medicine (CAM). They’re what the rehab industry usually means when they refer to holistic rehab even though they’re only part of the whole holistic experience. They include Chinese or Indian therapies like acupuncture and yoga respectively. It might also cover massage therapy and other physical therapies. Mindful meditation in particular has gotten western-based support and proof behind its effectiveness in stress relief and rehabilitation.
FAQs on What to Look for in a Holistic Rehab
When trying out different holistic rehabilitation services in Thailand, you should be aware off what to look for. There are certain questions you need to ask and certain things you need to keep in mind in order to carefully evaluate which holistic rehab paradigm suits you best. With that said, here are the most frequently asked questions regarding holistic addiction therapy.
- What Are the Treatment Options Available? Aside from picking holistic programs that hit all aspects of health (nearly all of them have this as a goal anyway), you should ask your prospective rehab center what their treatment options are. This is because not all treatments or therapies work for all addict types. Don’t force a square peg into a round hole or a round peg in a square hole. You need something that fits. There are patients who gravitate better towards mindful or yoga meditation.
Others are able to relieve their relapse or withdrawal symptoms better with a healthy combination of diet and exercise. Still others can resist the temptation of drinking alcohol, popping pills, and using illicit substances by dancing, learning martial arts, painting, or simply talking to a therapist about their problems. Meanwhile, another doctor gives them prescribed medicine with controlled doses to keep them from relapsing and taking unprescribed drugs with uncontrolled doses. The beauty of holistic therapy is the wealth of therapeutic options.
- How Long Does the Holistic Program Last?It’s also important for you and your budget to know the length of the program in question. You can choose several options for program length, ranging from 30day to 60-day inpatient rehab. Since you’ll be going on an escapade to Thailand anyway, you might as well go for the whole 90-day packages found in some centers. Some even feature promos allowing you to stay an extra 30 days free of charge in case of relapse.
Some addicts can take it from there after 30 days while others fare better with long-term treatment that allows them even after the treatment has ended in the form of addiction aftercare. This of course depends on how severe your addiction is. The more severe you’re addicted to whichever substances the likelier you’ll get the full 3-month treatment. Besides which, 90 day or more holistic rehab programs with necessary aftercare follow-up have better treatment outcomes compared to more rushed schedules.
- Assertiveness Therapy• Where Is the Holistic Healing Center Located? Where in Thailand is your prospective treatment center located? You have better chances of healing with your holistic inpatient rehab if you’re secluded in the middle of nowhere, like at a mountain or even in a remote beach for those who wish for resort-type settings. Find out how far away the facility is from the nearest Thai cities. You don’t want to risk the temptation of riding a vehicle to town in order to bar hop then imbibe on some booze or any drugs you can get your hands on.
Seclusion is also important because you want to be kept away from the triggers that led to your addiction in the first place as well as from the source of all the drugs and alcohol back at your home outside of Thailand. Thai holistic rehab treatment is for the best because you’re going to another country for the sake of rehab tourism. It is inpatient rehab mixed with tourism in one, although you can’t go overboard with the tourism to the point of ending up skipping rehab for sightseeing, barhopping, and drug hunting.
- How Much Does the Holistic Rehab Cost? Holistic services in Thailand by definition go the extra mile in terms of the number of rehabilitation and recovery methods available to patients. Inpatient rehab is in and of itself pricey since you’re paying both room and board. This goes double for centers with luxury accommodations akin to a hotel or resort. Thankfully, because you’re in Thailand for rehab tourism, the prices have been cut in half or more. However, the quality won’t suffer even with the cut costs.
It’s so much more affordable that even when you take into account travel expenses, a holistic rehab trip to the Southeast Asian nation would still cost less than inpatient rehab within your own city or state. What’s more, you’re able to get away from your acquaintances or neglectful family members who serve as your enablers or your drug dealers as well, ensuring that you’re physically far away from temptation. Additionally, even with the cheaper rates you’ll still get picturesque locations, delicious food, cutting-edge therapeutic activities, and CAM therapy.
- What Are the Credentials of the Staff? A given rehab facility should have counselors (psychiatrists and sponsors or former addicts turned addiction recovery guides) and staff (doctors, nurses, custodians, and caretakers) that have extensive experience in their respective fields. They should be veterans when it comes to dealing with various substance abuse disorders for addiction to alcohol, marijuana, cocaine, crack cocaine, methamphetamines, opium, and various prescription painkillers or antipsychotic drugs. The doctors, sponsors, counselors, nurses, and custodians of a given center should understand how to treat various addiction issues such as relapse and withdrawal symptoms.
They should also know when to prescribe group or individualized therapy for dual diagnosis cases. The holistic approach of Thai rehab treatment helps ensure that the center’s staff won’t neglect one or more aspects of the patient’s health. The idea here is to give him the most complete rehabilitation package possible, including the more esoteric approaches such as CAM therapy or using exercise and diet in order to improve an addict’s future outlook once the whole program is done and he’s ready to be released back into real life.
The Total Package of Holistic Treatment
Holistic treatment in terms of the drug rehabilitation context is a combination of different traditional and nontraditional methods for the sake of achieving healthiness in all aspects. This combination of methods services the different needs of an addict, which in turn should pave the road to his recovery. This total package of treatment serves to guard against relapse in case certain aspects of mental or physical health are what caused the addict to become addicted in the first place.
Many holistic healing programs are thought to be alternative treatments because of their origins, as in the case of meditation, acupuncture, and exercise for the sake of recovery. These alternate sobriety programs address every aspect of health that traditional methods might neglect, which is why it combines detoxification with group and individual therapy as well as Complementary and Alternative Medicine or CAM. As a whole, holistic therapy addresses the addict’s whole self, from mind to body as well as the spirit.
The Holistic Program of Lanna Rehab in Thailand
Contact the staff and crew of Lanna Rehab right now in order to acquire a free consultation in regards to going there for rehab treatment. This is especially true if you’re from overseas and you wish to avail of a rehab tourism package there. The wellness center’s holistic or all-inclusive addiction treatment is one of the best in Southeast Asia or even the world, since they even include aftercare services and a relapse-free assurance policy.
right now in order to acquire a free consultation in regards to going there for rehab treatment. This is especially true if you’re from overseas and you wish to avail of a rehab tourism package there. The wellness center’s holistic or all-inclusive addiction treatment is one of the best in Southeast Asia or even the world, since they even include aftercare services and a relapse-free assurance policy.